Dr. Russell L. Kolbo DC, ND
Dr. Kolbo, a native of Leavenworth and Federal Way, WA, earned his Doctorate in Chiropractic from the National College of Chiropractic, Lombard, IL and his Naturopathic Doctorate from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Seattle, WA. In practice since 1969, he is the longest practicing naturopathic physician in the State of Washington.
He began his practice in Tacoma, WA in 1970 and maintained a healthy chiropractic/naturopathic practice for over 35 years where he specialized in cleansing/detoxification and nutritional programs.
Dr. Kolbo retired from active practice in 2000 and moved to Maui with his wife, Cherie. Together they began Living In Wellness School for colon hydrotherapy and trained others to become colon hydrotherapists.
He was elected Vice President of the International Association for Colon Hydrotherapy (I-ACT) in 2002 and President 2005-2009. He will again be serving as President September 2015 through September 2017. Dr. Kolbo has also taught anatomy and physiology at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Seattle, WA and as an Associate Professor, lectured on colon hydrotherapy at Bastyr University, Seattle, WA.
In 2010 he purchased Mt Rainier Clinic from Dr. Elmer Cranton, MD. Since then, he has been using Dr. Cranton’s protocols in both IV and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapies (HBOT). Dr. Kolbo serves as the President of Mt Rainier Clinic.
Licensure and Certification
- Doctorate in Chiropractic, National College of Chiropractic, Lombard, IL
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Certifications in Anti-aging along with IV Nutrient Therapy, IV Chelation, and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Leadership, Membership, and Awards (past and present)
- Licensed Naturopathic Physician, Washington State
- Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic, Washington State
- Washington State Drugless Therapy License
- Cervical Acceleration/Deceleration Syndrome Certification
- I-ACT Certified Instructor of Colon Hydrotherapy
- Member NW Naturopathic Physician Association
- Honored by the Foundation for East/West Medicine
- NW Regional Officer/Chair for the NW Naturopathic Physician Association Annual Convention numerous years
- Guest speaker and Associate Professor at Bastyr Naturopathic University
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Vice President, International Association of Colon Hydrotherapists
- President, International Association for Colon Hydrotherapists
Other Professional Experience
- 1996 – 2008 Living in Wellness, LLC
- 1969 – 2001 Private practice; Tacoma Natural Health Clinic, Tacoma, WA